June 19, 2023

We Were Always Ready for You

"I believe western individualism is killing us. I believe that we shouldn't have to be in romantic love to be cared for." ~ Alok Vaid-Menon

I believe in (im)possible things. 

I believe in the flowers, the birds, the way the moon gently holds me.

I believe that there's nothing more critical than you. Than me. Than us. 

I believe that hope is a muscle. 

I believe that we must rest before we're tired. 

I believe that "love" is four letters in English. 

I believe that love is beyond language. 

I believe in the connectors. 

I believe in the ants, the bees, the way vines build bridges. 

I believe that there's nothing more sacred, more painful than being of everywhere, of nowhere, of the places in between. 

I believe that our universe is expansive. 

I believe in abundance. 

I believe that yaara is as much lover as it's homegirl, in a place, and a space, and a tongue recovering from theft, violence, and imperialism.

I believe that recovery is a process with unknown milestones. 

I believe in life after life after life. 

I believe that if I return as an old tree, maybe, maybe then I'll know what it'd like to feel rooted. 

I believe that air plants grow and stretch despite not knowing their home. 

I believe in anything, everything that isn't this affair and obsession with violence. 

I believe that generational spiritual desperation is real. 

I believe that community care is natural. 

I believe that connectivity will birth us. 

I believe that we should be in love with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment